Social Distancing and Staying Healthy Riding Transit
Please protect yourself, other passengers, and Link Transit employees:
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Wear a mask or face covering. Masks are required when riding Link Transit, unles syo have a medical condition that prevents this. Masks are available on board buses or at Columbia Station.
- Ride only for essential trips.
- Wash your hands often and use sanitizer.
- Cover your cough or sneeze.
Please “Social Distance” when using transit:
- Stay at least 3 feet apart when you are on the bus. This means about every other seat in every row must be left vacant.
- Stand at least 6 feet apart at bus stops, bus shelters, and transit centers.
- Link Transit strongly urges customers to wear a mask or face covering to protect yourself, other passengers, and Link employees.
- Link has temporarily discontinued fare payments, so don't worry about using your Token Transit app or having bills or coins.
- If your bus has a rear door, please board there, unless you need the ramp, kneeler, or priority seating. If you need to use the ramp or for the bus to be lowered for access or your safety, please wait at front door and ask the driver.
What does six feet of “Social Distancing” look like on transit?
- At bus stops, bus shelters, and transit centers, staying at least 6 feet apart is about the length of a sofa.
- On buses, social distancing means every other seat should be left vacant.
Link has implemented the following policy to allow for appropriate social distancing:
- Routes with a cutaway (small bus) will allow 5 guests onboard and up to 7 will be allowed for families/couples. (Routes 11, 20, 23, 24, 26)
- Routes with a 30' - 35' bus will allow 10 guests onboard and up to 12 will be allowed for families/couples. (Routes A, B, C, 1, 5, 7, 8, 18, 23, 28)
- Routes with a 40' bus will allow 12 guests onboard and up to 15 will be allowed for families/couples. (Routes 1, 5, 7, 21, 22)
- LinkPlus allows for up to two non-related individuals on a cutaway (small bus), and only one in a minivan, unless there is a personal care assistant traveling as well.